Nathan is into anything that gets him either on or in the water, whether it be scuba diving, fishing, surfing, or sailing. He has over 20 years of hospitality and maritime experience as a Captain and PADI Dive Instructor.
He has both Australian and international maritime qualifications including:
- International MCA Master 200 Unlimited (Captain of boats in international waters up to 200 tonnes)
- International RYA Ocean Yachtmaster (commercially endorsed Captain in international waters)
- Australian Master Class V (Captain of boats in Australian waters up to 24m)
- Australian MED II (marine engineer qualification)
- STCW (International Certificate of Safety Training)
- Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate of Proficiency
- GMDSS (The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System – satellite and radio communications)
- H.E.L.M (Human Elements Leadership & Management)
Having always called the Sunshine Coast home, he has returned with his partner, Penelope, who he met while working on Lizard Island, where he skippered the game fishing boat chasing black Marlin. They are a strong team having run luxury catamaran charters for the past several years in both the Caribbean & Mediterranean.
Both Nathan & Penelope are passionate about traveling, meeting new people, and new experiences of all kinds, between them they have traveled and worked in nearly 70 countries.
Nathan is committed to providing a safe & fun experience, and guests frequently comment on his knowledge and sense of humor.
Along with Penelope, he looks forward to welcoming you aboard Noosa Oceanrider.